Dear Today,
Thank you for being one of the most refreshing days I’ve had up here. I was able to take almost a two hour nap this morning and get ready for the day, all BEFORE the boys woke up from their nap! I thought you were going to be another miserable, cloudy, rainy, blah blah day. But you pulled through and allowed the sun to shine. It was actually warm. Hot even. I felt like it was summer! Thank you for the sun. I really needed it. And I guess Nate and Cam needed it too, because they were extra good today. No crying all day. They played well together so I could get some things done. Dear today, thank you for the fun day at the lake. It was great to get out of the house and go play on the dry grass and play in the sand. I even enjoyed the hard and laborious walk up that steep hill. It was good to feel the blood flowing and get my heart pumping. So what if I had to stop three times on the way up and those teenagers thought the old lady with the stroller was going to pass out before she reached the top?! And thank you for giving me the time to clean up my house a little. It was great to throw out some of those smelly leftovers and rotten fruit. And I don’t even know how long that buttermilk had been left in there. Have I thanked you for being sunny and warm? I really appreciated it. And thank you for the gentle breeze that allowed my house to stay cool all day, even though it was warm outside. Thank you for being warm outside. Thanks to you, my husband got home a little early from work and we were able to eat a peaceful, easy, yummy dinner together. Thank you, today, it was really good to have you here. You’re always welcome at my house. Maybe you could stop by tomorrow?
Jen




2 comments:
I'm so glad it was a nice day for you!
Isn't it so much easier to notice all the good when the sun shines for a bit?
xo
Cute post! I feel like that when the sun goes away, but I am a crazy lady!
You are missed here in OR!
Post a Comment