Sunday, February 3, 2013

Once There was a Snow Storm

Utah has been known for its ‘greatest snow on earth’ but recently it hasn’t really delivered on that…until this year.  This has been one of the snowiest winters in a long time that I can remember.  I am no snow person and avoid being in it as much as possible.  This year I have attempted to embrace the child within and have tried, for my children, to find joy in playing in the cold, wet, sloshy, white stuff . 
Yeah, not happening.   
Nevertheless, played in the snow I have.  And on many occasions.  All for the love of two little boys.  Inspiring, I know.

We went sledding for the first time with them and Grandpa Farr, Uncle Matt and Brandon    IMG_1865
IMG_1868
IMG_1870IMG_1877
IMG_1887
IMG_1888
IMG_1889
IMG_1893
IMG_1896
IMG_1899

My sister and her husband are building a house in a developing neighborhood so we were invited over to ride on some sleds that they would pull behind their 4 wheeler in the field.  A chance to go sledding without having to worry about the long hard cardio workout that comes from having to climb back up the hill 30 times?
Yes, please.

Cute Niece
IMG_1905
And this is my amazing brother. He’s got style.   He actually flew in from Chicago for Christmas so he had to pull together worthy snow gear from my parents stash of snow clothing that has been collected since the 1980’s.
IMG_1916
I have unicorns on my hat
IMG_1919
IMG_1922IMG_1921

IMG_1928
IMG_1931
IMG_1937
IMG_1946

And then there was the time when I was shoveling the driveway and they wanted to  play in the snow and throw snowballs at me and shovel snow on the places where I had already shoveled help me shovel.
IMG_1992
IMG_1995
IMG_2002
IMG_2005
Cam found my dads gardening hat in the garage and wanted to wear it.  Wishful thinking that spring will come early?
IMG_2009
Yeah, I made him shovel the entire driveway while I sat back and took pictures of it all.
IMG_2006

The one good thing about playing in the snow is that once you’re done, you get to come inside to get warm and change into comfy pants from last year’s Valentines Day and eat chocolate…and drool it all over yourself if you feel so inclined.
IMG_1984

1 comments:

Doodlecraft said...

Jen, Wow! I am glad that we aren't covered in snow this year...that's been nice. And happy to see you embracing the child within and playing in the snow for the sake of the kiddos! Your little men are so cute and grown up! :) I remember playing in the snow over by kirsten's not too long ago...