What is something you dislike about yourself?
I hate to start off my writing prompt blogs on a negative note but as this is the first writing prompt in the list, I figure I might as well tackle this at the start. Hmmmm....there is so much to love about myself that I can't possibly answer this question easily :) I would have to say that one thing I dislike about myself is my short squatty legs. The reason for this would be because designers, merchants, or whoever is responsible for making pants apparently don't realize that not all of us have legs that go up to our armpits. But other than that, I guess I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm sure my husband could tell you all a list of things that I complain about myself on a daily basis, but since he doesn't really check this blog, I can get away with anything :) I think that most of us do spend too much time worrying about our imperfections that we don't see that the perfections we do posses have far greater value. It is a shame that we compare ourselves with others. Everyone has their problems and everyone has their strengths. Can you imagine if we were all the same, how boring life would be?! Granted, some of us might be glad to be the same as someone else or not have any issues with who they are, but what progress would the human race make if everyone was equal on all accounts? So women of the world, unite (dwight quote..sort of) and quick complaining about yourself! Don't worry about your imperfections. Be your own species of human :)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
The Art of Disliking
Posted by Jen at 12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment