Sunday, August 17, 2008

We've Moved!

It's official. We are now Forest Grovians! We've been in Oregon for two weeks and we have yet to see any rain. The move up here went well and it was great to have family here for the first few days. I was a little nervous because I'd never seen the apartment and didn't know if was going to be something that I would feel at home in. It turned out that it is going to work great until we move to a 2bedroom town house in October.


After we unpacked everything we set out to explore. We went to the coast and I fell in love. If anything keeps me from moving back to Utah, it'll be Cannon Beach.


It was a little chilly so I'm sure I'll have to get used to the cooler weather.

We've also been to Portland a few times and saw many interesting people. I've never seen more men dressed up as women as I did in Portland. I've kept from getting too homesick by staying busy. Devin hasn't started school yet so he has been keeping me company. Oh, and I've started working again. That's hard because I want to go out site seeing but someones gotta earn the money ;) We went up to Mt. St. Helens on Friday because we needed to get out of the house. It had been 100 degrees for a few days and we don't have A/C in our apartment, so we decided that the best way to beat the heat is to get out of it. That was pretty cool and very interesting.

Last Sunday we went to church but we only went to Sacrament Meeting and Sunday school, so today was the first time we did the entire block of meetings. I've always been kind of worried about not feeling at home here in Oregon but the people in the ward are so so awesome. A lot of people came up to us and introduced themselves. We even got invited over to dinner tonight by a nice couple. I think they are the Harris family. It is a couple that has 3 boys and 1 girl. the olded is probably 23-ish and the youngest is 12-ish. So we went over to dinner and they are such a fun family. On Sundays me and dev are used to going to one of our family's house and having a big family dinner and I was missing that. They took us right in and made us feel welcome. We had a great dinner and then played a fun game. I felt like one of the family members! I really needed that because I was missing family. Its great to go anywhere in the world and come across another person that believes what I do, and it's automatic friendship.

0 comments: