Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our New State: Oswald State Park

Wanting to explore Our New State, a couple of Saturdays ago we went to the coast...again, and found a great place for Tidepools. It is called Oswald State Park. We walked along a beautiful path that winds down through a lush forest and at the edge of this forest, the ocean magically appears. One of the most fantastic sights I've ever seen. This path lead to a cove with a sandy beach surrounded by giant cliffs. We were able to be there at low tide and so we saw a ton of sea creatures holding on tight to the rocks; more starfish than I could count, anemones that I touched, snails, crabs, and other fun little ocean life. Sadly, we also saw a carcase of a sea lion. It was huge! And to make the scene that much more awesome, there was a waterfall on the beach that went right into the ocean. It was also a great place to watch surfers. It was an excellent day at the beach.

0 comments: