Monday, September 28, 2009

The Craftiness of Jen

Ah, I love this time of year.  The air is a bit crisper and the days a little cooler.  Now begins my favorite time of year, Fall! There is something  about this time of year that makes me want to craft, make, and create. Homemade comfort goodies, warm soft blankets, cool fall decor. Anything. So now begins my season of making.  This feeling will last until Christmas day.  So I’ve started off easy by making some really fun fabric covered button magnets and hair elastics.IMG_1411    IMG_1414


My next idea is to make a rag quilt, which I’ve never done before.  But it can’t be too hard, right? ;) 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!! I wish I was with you so we could craft together.

Ruth Done said...

I have made a rag quilt for both of my boys. They love them, but..... I don't allow anyone else to look closely. I love the buttons, so cute!

Kristina said...

So cute! I've never thought to make them into magnets... you're so creative. I'm going to copy you.

Tori said...

That's such a good idea! Where did you find the buttons? I can't wait to see how your rag quilt ends up.

Jen said...

Tori, I just went to Joanns fabric/craft store and found the button kits there. They were by all the fabrics and by the sewing machine needles, tacs, pins, etc. To make the magnets, just pull the loop off of the backing of the button and glue on a magnet.

Katie and Randy said...

adorable! so cute Jen...love them both.
-Katie

Doodlecraft said...

I am in that same "crafting" mood! What is it about this time of year??? You are awesome! Those buttons are sweet, I was asking Brenda about covered buttons YESTERDAY!!!! Rag quilt sounds awesome too!

Unknown said...

where did you find that cute fabric and if you don't use it all can I buy some from you when we get back I love it all!!!

Gandalf said...

Ok...the magnets and the rubber bands are the cutest things in the hystory of things! I need to learn how to do it, and make some for my girls.