Originally, Dev and I weren’t going to make it home for Thanksgiving this year. But the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, we both decided that the long drive back to Utah was something that we could handle and must make…especially since we won’t be going back to Utah for Christmas (a first for me!). So Wednesday morning we packed up the car and made the drive. It was perfect weather, sunny all the way. We made it there by 10:30 at night.
We had Thanksgiving lunch at my Grandma Smith’s house. After the fabulous home cooked turkey dinner (Why does it come only once a year?), we made ginger bread houses. My nephew, Ryan, helped me with mine. He kept telling me “I can’t concentrate, I keep getting distracted by the candy.” So in order to remedy that, he needed to eat some of the candy. And as any awesome aunt would do, I let him eat what he wanted.
Here’s me with my Grandma Smith:
The day after Thanksgiving, we spent the day with the Farr’s at a place called Boondocks. We spent a little bit of time playing a few arcade games, but for the most part we did the go-carts…I think we did it 5 times? And I actually won one of the “races”, which is pretty amazing in my mind because Devin comes from a family that owns and races their own go-carts. I am not an aggressive person when it comes to racing, so I was fine being passed up and bumped by other drivers. But everything went just right for me that round, and I even passed up Devin’s dad and his brother Brandon (both experienced racers I might add). Okay, okay. I’m done with the bragging. I forgot my camera (sacrilege!) but here is a picture of other people I don’t know having fun go-cart racing:

For dinner that night we went to Texas Road House where we celebrated Devin’s birthday. Here’s the birthday boy!
The next day we spent with my family. I got to play with my nieces and nephew at a park. I have some pretty dang cute nieces and nephews:
Here’s Devin going down the “birth canal”
We watched the BYU game that day (GO Cougars!) and also went to see about 350 nativity scenes that were set up at a local church. Pretty cool and festive. That night we had dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant’s, Lorenas. My nieces were messin around and being goofy . I just can’t get enough of my cute family!
It was a super fast trip that flew by, but I am so thankful that I got to go home and see all of my family! I love being with them and it’ll help me get through another couple of months without them (hurry up Spring Break!!!).




3 comments:
Oh no! Devin's Breach!! ;)
Looks like you had a fun thanksgiving break!
Oh Ryan, I totally understand such a distraction! That is a hard one. Next time tell your cute aunt to come visit me
Sincerly,
your aunts friend Kirsten
Looks like fun! I miss Thanksgiving at home. Glad you were able to make it!
Post a Comment