It has been officially decided and agreed upon that my last day of work before the babies come will be August 6th. I've been working at my job for almost 8 years now. While it isn't the most exciting job, it has been a great source of income and the people there have been excellent to me. It'll be extremely weird to not work. Well, work in the sense of a job work, not mommy work. And while I do plan to go back eventually to working part time for this same company(a few hours here and there a week), I don't know if that will be possible or if I'll even want to. I probably won't WANT to but the need might be there, so we'll see what happens! I'm just excited to be done with it for a while.
And in other news...
We now know where Devin will be headed for his clinic rotations during his 4th year of school! Starting May 2011, we'll be moving up to Arlington, WA. We'll be there for 3 months and then we'll move to Utah where he will be 3 months at a clinic in Salt Lake and 3 months in a clinic in Ogden. 6 months of Utah living! After that, we'll be moving outside of Phoenix, AZ where he will be for last 3 months of his rotations. And after that, he'll be done with Optometry school! It has flown by! I hate to think about it too much because I have loved living here with all of the other great student families.
Also, I am now 33 1/2 weeks pregnant. Not too much longer and I am soooo ready to get these babies out (although, I know how important it is for them to keep growing inside me for a few more weeks). We went to the doctor this past Tuesday and both babies are both estimated to be 4.7 lbs each. Baby A (the one bouncing on my bladder) measures a little longer and leaner, and baby B (the one in my ribs) measures shorter and rounder. Both babies are healthy and "breathing" nicely. They both get hiccups quite a bit.
And I'm happy to report that I am out of the pillow palace and am sleeping back in my bed with my husband!! YaY! A friend of mine who just had her baby is lending me their pillow top memory foam and it has HELPED so much! No more hip pain. Thank you!!!
I also had a baby shower on Thursday and am so thankful for all of the support that I have gotten from these great friends! This is definitely an exciting time for me and dev and they have all been so great at letting me get carried away in my excitement (as I'm sure I can sometimes talk non stop about me me me and more me). Thank you all who helped plan and all those who came! I am so lucky to have so many wonderful women in my life who are great mothers to look up to.
And now, the lovely side view shot that I am always thrilled to take:
Me at 33 Weeks




7 comments:
Jen--you look TINY! Seriously, not like a mother about to have twins! Wow!
And yay for 6 months in Utah!
Does Devin get paid for his rotations? I can't believe how small you are at 33 weeks with twins! I would have been an Elephant! You look awesome!
I want to know where the other baby is? I'm larger with one baby. You look great and I can't wait to see these little guys!
Girl, are you pregnant?!? I echo Nat, you don't look like you are having twins, i might be slightly jealous. I'm pretty sure i was bigger and I only had one bouncing baby boy. Congrats and can't wait for your adventures here in Utah!!!
yay! no more work.. besides being a mommy to 2 babies! :) I totally thought that with 2 babies you are supposed to look bigger than that but you totally have a cute little belly. you're adorable! that's so exciting about your rotations. I'm happy for you it sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff to look forward too. Glad to hear both babies are healthy. hugs... p.s. thanks for reading my blog :) haha, I was sort of kidding when I said that as in.. no one would REALLY care, I'm sure it wasn't THAT missed :) nobody was hurt lol miss ya!
I must say, I agree with all other comments here. I am so jealous of your 33 weeks TWIN size. Go you.
Post a Comment