It all started on our 6th year anniversary. July 2oth. I had been feeling a little cramp-ish a few days prior. Not a big deal. We were about ready to head out to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate. I decided to call my doctor to just let her know about the cramps so that I could get some peace of mind. She told me to head to labor and delivery at Tuality and she’d be over to check things out. So Dev and I made sure we were all ready to just head to dinner after she examined me. I wanted my cheesecake! We were set. I got to Tuality and they hooked me up to all sorts of things to monitor me. The doc checked me out and I was contracting but hadn’t dilated or anything. She wanted to keep me under watch over the next hour just in case. Well, she came back and I had dilated to a one. I didn’t feel any of the contractions but apparently I was having quite a few. Not good. She decided that because I was only 34 weeks along that the situation warranted me going to St. Vincent where they were going to try and stop the contractions and where they a NICU just in case. So no Cheesecake Factory:( So off I went in an Ambulance!
When we got to the hospital they continued to give me magnesium (to stop the contractions) and I don’t know if anyone has ever had to have that done before but there are no words to describe that nasty stuff. It made me loopy, hot, and miserable. And drinking water was not allowed! How dare they take water away from a pregnant lady! Our trip to the Cheesecake Factory ended up being a 3 night 4 day stay in a hospital. I had great nurses though that worked hard to make me as comfortable as possible (one even brought us in homemade blizzards).
So Friday morning they rechecked me for contractions. I was having a few contractions but they had lessened significantly and I hadn’t dilated anymore so my doctor decided to release me and send me home for some good ol’ bed rest. I was more than happy about this as I was excited to sleep in my own bed and bed rest was something I was going to put myself on anyways because I was getting tired of hauling around my ever expanding belly. So home we went. YAY!!
When we got home, I went right to the couch to begin my bed rest journey. 30 minutes later, I was feeling great with no contractions when all of a sudden GUSH! I sat right up and walked to the bathroom. My water had just broken!! No mistake about that. I quickly called my OB and was told to go back to St. V’s. Dev and I packed what little stuff we had for the hospital stay and headed back. About 10 minutes later, I started having contractions. They were mild at first but they quickly became closer together and more intense. Yoyza! We had just taken the birth class so we tried to remember what we had learned to relieve the labor pains (dang, we should have practiced more!). 30 minutes later we arrived at the hospital. Dev rushed me to labor and delivery and all the nurses were very confused to see us again as we had been discharged only hours before! When we told them what happened, they could not believe it and all found it quite amusing. I did too until a contraction came and then it became not so amusing. They got me all set up for the doc to check me out and I had dilated to a 4 already! It was happening so fast! Because baby B was not in a good position to deliver vaginally, the doc suggested a c-section would be the best thing. I was so concerned about getting through the contractions, that I didn’t care how those babies were going to be coming! So we agreed that a c-section would be the best and off we went. About 45 minutes later, we had two amazing boys enter our lives! Because they were early, they ran them to the NICU to make sure everything was okay. Both babies were breathing perfectly on their own! However, because they still have a few things to learn they’ll be in the NICU for about another week.
So now it’s day 8 in the hospital and I’m finally being released…permanently this time I hope. I’m ready to go home to recover…although not too excited about leaving the boys here. But it’s for the best and it’ll all work out. So now, here’s our cute little boys
Baby A is now Nathan Reese Farr, 4 lbs 4 ounces.
And Baby B is Cameron Vin Farr, 4 lbs 10 ounces
And both brothers love being together:
Cam is on the left, Nate is on the right.
I love them so much!




14 comments:
Hooray for babies! Double hooray for two babies!! Glad you are all doing well.
wow, what a story! Glad to hear that everybody is doing fine and that it turned out for you... minus the no cheesecake... I'd bring you some if I still lived down there :) It's the thought that counts, right?! They are sooo incredibly precious, I love the one of you two feeding them and the ones of them snuggling up together, SOO cute! Good work MOMMA! :)
Hey, we have that blanket, too! Wait, I mean, CONGRATULATIONS!! They are very cute all snuggled together. I'm so proud of you for having two babies at the same time. Welcome to being a mom!
WOW!!! Glad everything went okay, though! They are SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!! They even look like identical twins to me! Maybe in person they look more different? Anyway, I can't wait to meet them and see you!! I'm glad you're home and everything is good! Let's just get those babies home, right? I'm out of town till the 15, but you let me know if you need anything, okay?
PS: ...the word verification I had to put in said "twinno"
Fitting!
I am so happy for you and Devin. I can't believe how quick that all happened. They are so sweet. I hope they learn to eat and grow so you can bring them home with no NG tubes.
Jen they are SO CUTE!!! I know that is all anybody says, but really they are scruptious! I love the picture of them cuddled up together. Happy to hear from you and that you are doing so well. You should be proud!
So, so happy for you! What a story! So cute how their foreheads are touching. What sweet hearts! Congratulations!
CONGRATS!! They are beautiful little boys. I hope they get to come home soon and glad they are doing relatively okay and that you are okay. What a story! I am so excited for the both of you.
Jen, they are adorable. And maybe being at home alone will help you to recuperate and get ready for the sleepless nights coming up! They look like Devin and I am so happy for you! p.s. I have a little prezzie for your babes.
Oh my goodness!!! That's a GREAT birth story. Really, 30 minutes after getting home your water breaks? I had to laugh. I'm so glad everything went well and that the boys are doing well in the NICU. I hope your body recovers quickly and that your two bundles can join you at home real soon! Both you and Devin are GLOWING in those pictures. And the ones of the boys snuggling in the crib.... adorable. I don't think I've EVER seen anything so cute. You are two lucky parents and we are all so happy for you!! What a blessing :-)
Oh! super cute little guys!!! yay yay yay! Congratulations to the family of 4!
Look at those beautiful boys! They are perfect. Congratulations! You are starting one amazing journey!
Oh my heavens. Those little boys are completely adorable. I especially love the pictures of them together. SOOO PRECIOUS. I'm not gonna lie...I got teary over them.
Congratulations!! The boys are so cute! That's great that they are breathing on their own. I hope they are healthy and that they can come home soon!
Post a Comment