We are now living in the BEAUTIFUL state of Washington. Wow! We drove here on Saturday and made it without any problem (except for the always expected Seattle traffic. Blaaaahhh). Thanks to the AMAZING help of our parents (yes, both of our parents came to help us. We are blessed) we are slowly getting adjusted to our new place. There was a hiccup or two in getting settled (MOLD growing in the freezer, the horrendous smell in the house, my constant impatience) but it’s getting there. Our parents left today, so the reality of this new situation is starting to settle in. I already miss my comfort zone that I had in Forest Grove. Sure, I complained about some things while I was there, but right now I fully embrace the idea of going back there. I miss the familiarity. But I’m sure after a few weeks here, I’ll get right back into the swing of things. There is a spectacular lake, after all, only a few blocks from where we live. And it is fun to explore new areas, right? Right!?
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How exciting for you! I am so glad the trip was uneventful.
We'll miss you here...it is such a strange feeling when people start leaving...it just feels a little empty :(
Enjoy your new surroundings and explore that lake!
Right! You will adjust quickly, you always do!! :)
You guys are going to have an AWESOME summer up there! I'm a tad bit jealous. I'm glad you're getting settled in. Miss you!
Post a Comment