Sunday, June 5, 2011

10 months

It’s that time again to post THE BOYS VS. THE SOCCER BALL pictures that we all know and love.  All this info is more for me than for anyone else, so feel free to skip this post. I’ll never know.

10 months old. Crazy how time flies! I look at the boys sometimes and try to remember what they were like when they were newborns, or 3 months, or even 6 months. They change so much in such a short amount of time that it can be hard to take it all in. It’s fun to have them learning new things and picking up new talents, but I miss those days when they would let me hold and snuggle them, instead of pushing me away to go crawl to some toy…or pull themselves up on the couch. But this age has it’s benefits as well. Like the recognition of their own name. Or seeing them study something that I do with such intensity so that they can practice it at night in their crib (Nathan has now mastered the art of raspberries after practicing it as his wake up call for many mornings). And crawling to me when I hold out my hands or make funny faces at them. And cute but sometimes quite annoying: pulling and tugging on me while whining until I pick them up, but then as soon as I pick them up, they want back down again. And then up again. And then down. It’s amazing to see these little boys developing as their own person.

Here’s Nathan:
This little guy is a crazy boy. He is constantly doing raspberries and doing short little bursts of…for a lack of a better word, screams.  He does this while making a quick blink (does that make sense?). He isn’t quite crawling yet, but he is rolling. He can sit up from his tummy to his butt so at least he can roll where he wants to go and then sit up by himself. Even though he can sit up by himself, he still whines until I do it for him. (I wrote the previous three sentences a few days ago. Today he crawled for the first time) He likes to bang things together. Or bang on his toys. Especially hitting his tray when he is in his highchair. He has discovered that there are things around corners, so he’ll lean way over in order to see what’s around the corner, or a couch. Or if you Grandma Farr wearing earrings, he’ll lean from one side to the other to get a good look at those dangling things coming off of her ears. He loves crackers. He talks (da-da-da-da) real quiet, almost like he is whispering a secret.  He’s getting a 3rd tooth on the top of his mouth and has started grinding his bottom and top tooth together (which I CAN’T stand!!!). He’s also learning how to clap and almost has it down. He loves to laugh at/with Cameron and can usually get a pretty good laugh from Cameron by doing the before mentioned raspberries or screams. He loves bath time and will splash the entire time he’s in there. It get’s all over me, him, his brother, and the floor. He has started sleeping on his side/stomach in the shape of a ‘C’. He’s putting up with his helmet and is learning how to live with it.  He is a sweet little boy with some pretty cute dimples and an infectious laugh. 

IMG_0659
IMG_0711
At one point, he could only move backwards while crawling. This is the result:
IMG_0534

Cameron:
This boy is a mover. He is crawling like pro. He used to do a slow motion type of worm movement, and he still does but he’s getting the crawling thing down. Once he sees something that he wants, off he goes like a rocket.  While playing with toys on the floor, he will frequently get in the plank position (he has killer abs now). He has also started to pull himself up on to things, which usually results in him falling down and hurting himself.  He stands on his tiptoes so we’re trying to teach him that it’s more sturdy if he goes flatfoot. He is fast at moving. If there is anything to grab, he will grab it and stick it in his mouth.  His favorite place to hang out is in the kitchen. I will go in there to find out what he’s doing and he’ll be sitting in the middle of the floor just looking around.  He loves Sesame Street and will sit on the floor and just smile as he watches the characters sing.  Cameron is a compulsive spinner. He has some toys that he absolutely loves because they spin when he swats at them, so he tries to do it with all of his toys. 
All. the. time.  Cameron prefers being on his stomach. This makes it very hard to change a diaper, clothe him, and bathe him because he is constantly trying to flip over onto his stomach. He likes to have his cheeks or eyelids lightly kissed and will laugh when you do it. He also likes to smoosh his face/forehead against mine and shake his head back and forth.  He thinks it’s funny, probably because he’s ticklish there.  He sleeps with his butt up in the air. Cameron is a curious boy who loves to smile.
IMG_0700 
In his favorite spot:
IMG_0551
He loves the camera. As soon as he sees me with a camera, he can’t get close enough:
IMG_0719

IMG_0461

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the different personalities! Nathan crawling backwards to under the couch is so funny!!!

Angie said...

So Cute!! I can not wait to come out for a visit. It's less than two weeks away.

Sierra said...

Haha! Nathan under the couch is so CUTE!! I can't believe how big they are already. Two little sweethearts.

Clyda and John said...

I can't believe they are 10 months either. But they are way cute boys. I love Nathan under the couch and I love how you can totally see both their cute personalities.

Reed Family said...

Those two are so cute! I also love the pic of Nathan under the couch and I think Cameron has every reason to like the camera! He is very photogenic! (They both are!!)

Katie and Randy said...

good thing nathan has his helmet, otherwise he'd bonk his head on his way under the couch :) your boys are so adorable! love the last picture with cameron in classic plank position.