Is it lame that for the last few holidays (if you can call them that. St Patrick’s Day, really??!) I haven’t done hardly anything to celebrate and make it fun for the kiddos? I see a bunch of fun ideas that other people are doing for their children, but then I think how little my kids could care at this age and then I just don’t shell out the time for it. No wearing green. No hearts taped all over their room (in all fairness, we were moving ON Valentines day). No Chinese noodles. No mardi gras beads (although, I frequently observe many Fat Tuesday’s of my own). And no historical readings given by some of our great American Presidents. For shame.
BUT, I will call Easter my redemption. It is a sad one at that, but still….
My parents came at the beginning of April and my mom wanted to provide a little practice run for the boys at picking up Easter eggs.
We train young and hard in my family.
So after buying a dozen plus plastic eggs and a truck load of candy (for each boy) Nate and Cam participated in their first ever egg hunt. And I win because I didn’t take pictures.
My friend came over one day with her little boy and to do something Easter-ish we painted Easter eggs paper plates with some pudding mixed with food coloring. I did take pictures:
And then the day came when the hard training for Easter egg hunting was needed. I bought a bunch of new candy (even though there was pul-enty of candy left from the training session) because I secretly lied to myself about how I wouldn’t eat any of the candy and it would all be for the boys new the boys would appreciate the effort I put into it all. And I score points because I took pictures this time. A lot. For family. Yeah. For family.
Nate scoutin’ out the lay of the land and the course he needed to take:
Cam getting right to it:
And I rarely get pictures of the two of them together because it’s next to impossible to get a shot where both of them look decent enough to share.
And Nate had so much candy, he’s layin his own Easter eggs:
April marks the last full month that we will be in Arizona. The countdown is on for the move out date on the 12th of May. We’ve given our 30 days notice. HOORAH!! And while I have fallen in love with Arizona, I have a feeling I’m getting out of this relationship just in time to avoid the scorching temperatures that Arizona is known for. We’ve had some pretty warm days already but cool off in our own personal swimming bins pools
So with another move in our future, it’s time to start thinking about moving. The boys have helped me out with that by working on the pantry:
”Hmmm…should we take the chicken broth, or leave it behind?”
”Okay, let’s see here. First we need to dump this packet in some cold water…”
Yes, I realize that I should now call this the Cam and Nate blog because that is ALL I blog about as of late…meaning ever since they were born. But until occurrences like the above pantry cleaning doesn’t happen as soon as I turn my back, allowing me to do something aside from taking oodles of pictures of what my kids are doing, this is what ya get…unless you want me to blog about how I blogged Nice.




3 comments:
So cute! Your boys are little men! Love the swimming bins...we are going to have to do that here! It's already 86...we are in for it! Congrats on and good luck with the move (again!) Always a joy!
Love ya!
Nat :)
holy cow are they cute! I have no idea how you do it with twins, but I guess you just do it. I love to hear all the things you guys do and I hope we end up with adventures on our end as well.
I do have to say that I love your swimming pools and I love that your boy laid his own egg. I laughed really hard on that!
It's been a while since I checked your blog, and all I can say is your darling boys are SOOOOO big!!! I died over the pantry pictures...double trouble. Brandon and I have been talking about when we're gonna have more kids, and I told him I'm prayin' for twins so we can get 'em here and past the mischief stage all at once...maybe I should alter my prayer. ;) We're excited to see your family in 3 weeks!!!
Post a Comment