A few weekends ago, we took a trip to Sedona, Flagstaff, and the Grand Canyon. These places are only a few hours away and I’m wondering why we didn’t go visit more. Sedona is beautiful red rock and then take a drive just 45 min north and you’re in a fantastic forest. This is one of those places that I’ll always want to come back to.
We met up with the Johansen’s in Sedona at the McD’s which, to my knowledge, is the only McDonald’s with a turquoise arch instead of gold. Thanks, Eric, for that bit of trivia that has made us all that much better.
We went on a short hike through Red Rock State Park. It was sunny and hot but we found some shade where we let the boys play.
Dev and I then headed to Flagstaff to stay and went to the Grand Canyon the next day. It was a canyon. And it was grand. Worth a short drive to see it, but definitely one of those things to do only if you are in the general vicinity anyways. Btw, any size drink at the McDonalds at the Grand Canyon is not $1.00. We spent $6 for 2 large drinks. I think I was too much in shock to back out of our order when we realized the price. Just an fyi.
The boys were a huge hit with all of the foreign tourists. I’ve decided I need to set up a viewing booth whenever we go to touristy places because foreign tourists are ALWAYS taking pictures and gawking at our boys. I could charge for it and it might end up paying for their college. But the boys love the attention and even ham it up a bit to bring it on. The stairs at one of the viewing areas was a hot spot for attention so Nate and Cam spent quite a bit of time there smiling and waving and saying hi.
The following weekend was my 31st birthday. I invited myself to the Johansen’s for a bbq to celebrate and they were good enough to host a bbq in my honor. They’re good people. And here’s me in all my blowing-out-candles glory:
And the girl that helped get me through the last 4 years:
Dev and I then went to a splash pad with the boys:
And then to dinner!
It was a great day that was full of fun!




4 comments:
We're going to miss you guys. Thanks for always hanging out with us. You and Devin are the ones who got Eric and I through the last four years Jen! Love ya girl - Tana
OH MY HECK JEN - GET AWAY FROM THE EDGE you have children to Bore!!! It makes me dizzy just looking at that picture of you at the grand canyon! Happy 31!
Happy birthday. You make it look so easy to be adventurous with two kids. Thanks now I look like a loser mom.
plus, i hope you got the birthday voicemail i left for you! if not, i'm sorry and a very happy late birthday!
Post a Comment