Monday, June 25, 2012

THE Graduation

After eight long years of schooling, Devin has GRADUATED!! 
When we first started out on this long road, Devin frequently told me what a lofty goal this was for him.  It was a lot of hard work.  But I knew he could do it, and HE DID! I am so proud of my husband for achieving this lofty goal of his.
After moving back to Utah, a week later we drove up with Nate and Cam to Oregon for the graduation.  My parents came as well as well as Devin’s parents, his brother and wife, and his youngest brother. 
The first graduation ceremony was the hooding ceremony in which they were given their hood.  A friend of Devin’s, Dave, was the valedictorian of his class and gave an incredible speech that moved me to tears as I felt so proud of Devin and all that he has accomplished.  It was also mentioned by the Dean of Optometry that over the last four years, Devin paid $42.00 per hour in order to achieve his lofty goal.  Nice.  
IMG_0995
   IMG_1006
IMG_1007
The last four years haven’t been all doom and gloom though.  He had a little fun along the way.  Devin would frequently study with Eric and they would send each other “motivational” YouTube videos.  One of those videos was quoted more frequently than the rest so Tana and I had some fun with it and gave them some t-shirts in honor of these encouraging videos:
IMG_1012
                           ”We’re not idiots. We’re Doctors.”

And before I continue…A HUGE thank you goes out to my parents for helping with our kids while I went to the hooding ceremony.  They stayed with Nate and Cam so I could enjoy this time with Devin.  They were an incredible help the entire time we were up in Oregon and would frequently look after the boys so that we could enjoy visiting with all of our friends that we may not see for awhile.  I know they sacrificed a lot of their vacation to help us out and I very much appreciate it! 
Another HUGE thank you goes out to Randy and Katie for watching the boys during the commencement ceremony.  It was during Nate and Cam’s naptime so I’m sure it wasn’t the most pleasant babysitting experience but it was awesome to be able to watch the graduation without worrying about my boys running up onto the stage. THANK YOU!

Devin graduation1
Devin graduation2 
devin graduation

                           Dr. Devin Farr
Devin graduation3
Devin graduation4
And it felt a little like I graduated too.
Devin Graduation5


Aside from this whole schooling thing, we made some great friends along the way!  Graduation 26 - Guys
L to R: Devin, Eric, Colton, Aaron, Shawn, Brandon,
Dave, Dave, Seth, Scott.
Graduation 27 -Girls

L to R: Tana, Me, Jenny, Claudia, Kristina, Jen,
Tara, Brianne, Sierra, Erin
     Graduation 28 - couples copyUm…Kristina, I stole these last few pics off your blog. I can’t find mine anywhere!


While the last four years have been some of the best years of our married life thus far, I can’t emphasize how thrilled I am that it is over.  It’ll be nice to have a husband all to myself in the evenings instead of sharing him with studying and homework.  It’s hard to realize that I may not see some of the very best gal pals as often as I’d like, but I’m hoping that there’ll be a yearly reunion/vacation…right?! ;) 
And now his residency begins.  It’ll be one more year of living a transient lifestyle, but then there’ll be some good ol’ settling down.  6 months from now Devin will be signing a contract with a clinic in Ogden and a little bit o’ permanency can set in as he begins his career.

CONGRATS DEV! I’m so PROUD of all you’ve accomplished! 

0 comments: