Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cherry Hill and Car Show

I grew up having a season pass every year to Cherry Hill.  I spent more time there during the summer than I did at my own house, I think.  It’s a waterpark that’s within walking distance of where I grew up and where we are currently living.  The family that owns it is in our ward and are awesome enough to provide a day pass once a year for everyone within the ward boundaries.  The ward provides a dinner that day which involves a lot of yummy potluck foods that I can’t resists: fruit salads, potato salads, pasta salads.  Salads, salads, salads.  I love it.  
We took our boys this year and they LOVED it.  There’s a little kiddy area called Pirate’s Cove.  The water is brought in straight off a glacier, but my boys didn’t care…for the first 5 minutes and then they realized they didn’t want hypothermia so then they wanted out. 
IMG_1113
IMG_1117
IMG_1122
IMG_1123
Even though it’s blurry, I included the next picture because I thought the drool that’s coming out of his mouth is funny.  I think  his lips were numb at this point:
IMG_1111

We took them to the swimming pool, which was much warmer.  They were so excited that they were hard to hold.  Cameron didn’t want to be held, but obviously that wouldn’t work since he can’t swim.  He went under a lot of times trying to escape my grasp, but he loved every second. Nate has this little laugh that he does when he is having the time of his life and it came out in full force in the swimming pool.  Think of the laugh of Prince John in the Disney movie Robin Hood and that’s kind of it…only less evil:  Ah-ha, ah-ha.  We also went into the heated lazy river, which was my favorite.  I lost count how many times we went around. 
IMG_1129
IMG_1130
Devin and I even ditched the kids with my mom so we could take a few turns on a waterslide.  We love doing this slide together because the more weight ya got, the faster you go.  By the time we got to the bottom, we were giggling like little school girls.  Yes, even Devin :) 

Car Show
Dev has this thing about cars. Specifically muscle cars.  I  don’t get it, but I try to be supportive.  He shares this passion with his dad.  His thing during the summer time is car shows. 
Here we are waiting for the parade of cars with his brother, Brandon, his dad and his mom:
IMG_1149
Cameron liked to clap for all of the cars that drove by:
IMG_1160
Nate just wanted to run out there and get hit by a car:
IMG_1171

2 comments:

AguasGirl said...

Yea for cherry hill! Ok so it wasn't just me that thought it was cold water! That place is full of crazy memories and fun times!

Bradybr said...

The Brady's must be pretty boring, cause all I ever see in your blogs are what fun things you're doing with the Farrs. The boys do love water.