This is Devin reporting. I know, I know, this isn't my blog. Nobody would read my blog if I had one because I would just talk about soccer and nerd stuff (Popular Science is a good magazine, don't let anybody tell you otherwise). But, Jen gave me permission to speak on a few things with you today. Just as a note, if you wanted to watch the conference finals with RSL vs. Red Bulls, I would give the advice to not read on in this post as I will be discussing how I felt about that game. Just my disclaimer.
First, I just want to express my grief over RSL losing the Western Conference championship. Although their season is over, it was a most excellent season and I can't wait for them next year. That is all I will say about it. Ok, maybe not. I can't believe RSL had THREE balls off the post. Unbelievable! A great game though! I do have to say that those of you who are not soccer fans are missing out on the greatest sport in the world. And those of you who say it is boring, let me ask you this, how many times do people get carried off in stretchers in the sport you watch? I would guess not a lot. Soccer is where it's at!
Ok, enough about soccer. People have been asking me how school is going, so I will let everybody know. Optometry school has been great so far! I will also say though that it is extremely difficult. As you can see from the previous post, Jen and I spend a lot of late nights together while I am studying. Just imagine trying to drink from a fire hose, that would about explain it. The work isn't much harder than it is in undergrad, but it is a lot more of it. I think I have 21 credit hours this semester. Every week since about the middle of August, we have had 2 midterms and a couple of quizzes. Yikes! Sounds awful! "How does he do it?", you ask. "Mountain Dew", I reply (it should be noted that Devin does not recommend nor endorse Mountain Dew as a supplement for staying awake). Ok, maybe a lot of studying would do the trick too. Jen has been such a great support through all of this. She is a trooper having to deal with my shananigans while I am studying. Although we are still bartering on how much of my degree she deserves, it is sitting at about 20% right now :). So she'll be 20% doctor when we are finished and I'll be 80% doctor....that doesn't sound right. So to make up for that extra 20% I am going to start a Masters of Education in Visual Function Learning. Ack! Another degree. I have to do this on top of my 20+ credit hours that I will be doing each semester. Sometimes I don't know what I am thinking. It may be attributed to the aforementioned Mountain Dew.
To sum it up, I think my study area, aka kitchen table, really explains how I am going about handling optometry school.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Real Salt Lake and School
Posted by Jen at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
LOL! When did you decide to get a masters? How long is that going to take you? By the way, I think you need a proper desk for studing!
So i'm not usually a soccer fan but I would have to agree with you Devin. I went to the RSL game last night with my brothers and it was so awesome! So sad that they lost but it was seriously one of the funnest sporting events I have ever been too. Soccer fans are crazy!
Dev, just for the record, I was at that game. And it was just a dissappointing in person as it must have been there in Oregon. But WOW what a stadium!
Post a Comment