Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bowling, a christmas tree, and a command center

We had a fantastic time going home for thanksgiving. We were able to visit both our families and get some fun time with them. We celebrated Devins birthday while we were in Utah and went to The Cheesecake Factory, which is the only thing I think Devin really really wanted for his birthday. He loves his Jambalaya! And we also went bowling. He won (of course, we let him since he was the birthday boy). The ride back to Oregon was a long one...especially towards the end because we got stuck in traffic (sorry Jenny and Andrew for the Chinese fire drill. It had to be done). But I am looking foward to more family and friend time when we go back for Christmas (7 days. Yes, i'm counting).
A few days ago we put up our Christmas tree. I realize we won't be here for Christmas, but I can't go through December without a Christmas tree or Christmas decorations. I love it all too much! So here's the tree:


Since we are going to be going to Utah for Christmas, we are having to make sure that we bring all of our presents for ourselves and others down to Utah with us. We will be there for 3 1/2 weeks so that means that I'll be bringing my entire wardrobe...so with the presents and all my junk it'll be cramped in the car. Because of this, I got one of my Christmas presents early :) Devin put it together for me. I present to you, my command center:

I began working from home when we moved to Oregon, and the computer was out in the living room so I was used to being in a larger room where I felt I was a little less secluded. Since moving into our new apartment, my computer desk has been in the back bedroom and I get lonely and cut off from the world (woe is me!) So I got this new "command center" so I can be out in the living room, but I am able to wheel the desk back into the back room when I'm not using it. It is great because I get to sit on a nice comfy couch instead of a spine injury inducing chair that I was using. I look extremly lazy and couch potato-ish but, hey, if you had to sit on your duff for long periods at a time, you'd want a nice comfy place to sit too :)

More Fun Pics
.
.

3 comments:

MStevenson said...

That tree looks great, Merry Christmas!

Katie and Randy said...

I love the picture of you and Devin in front of your fabulous Christmas tree. You guys are great!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Svenn,
You look so official in your new command center - Way to go SANTA!!
Hey, we need to get together when you are here. Lets just all get together and chill - its what we do best. See you soon