Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it snow

We woke up this Sunday morning to beautiful snow! After church, everything was covered in a soft layer of fluffy white. I didn't think we'd see snow up here. In Oregon, they aren't used to getting snow so there aren't any snowplows (at least in our part). The roads weren't even that bad but they cancelled church for the ward that starts later in the day. One of the reasons why I was excited to move up here was because of the no snow thing, but after seeing it today I am reminded of home back in Utah. It has been a little hard to be away from family this time of year. It seems like all of my trials and struggles are amplified right now just because I am ready to be somewhere familiar during Christmas time. I am very much looking forward to going back in 3 days! I'm hoping that'll get my spirits up. Anyways, the snow beautiful and it keeps on comin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will probably snow atleast once in Oregon every year. Vancouver is the same way when it comes to snow. They only get it once or twice during the year so they have no snowplows. People usually stop in the middle of the road and abandin their cars. It is quite funny to see. Have fun in Utah for Christmas!!

Seth and Sierra said...

I saw your blog on Jenny's, and I hope you don't mind me taking a peek every once in a while. :) You're definitely welcome to come visit ours!

MStevenson said...

Well if its any consolation, you look cute in the snow. :) And you have a xmas card waiting for you at your parents. I actually sent it off with no postage, it came back, and sent it off properly this time. :) Merry xmas.