Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas break...so far

We've been in Utah for about a week and a half and it is flying by!! There are so many things that I've wanted to do and so many people I've wanted to see but there doesn't seem to be enough time to do it all! We had a scary ride down here coming from Oregon. I had to drive the whole way because Devin's Utah drivers liscence expired while we were up in Oregon and they said he had to renew it in person. So that left me to drive the icy and snowy roads. YIKES! I think my body was tensed up the entire time and I don't think there would have been anything in the world that could have pried my hands off the steering wheel because I was gripping it so tight. Around the Idaho/Oregon boarder things cleared up, but man was my body aching! Luckily, I was able to take a break from driving in Boise because we stayed over night with Devins cousin who lives there. The next day the roads were clear and dry, thank goodness!
A few days after we got here, we went to see A Christmas Carol at Hale Center Theater. That was really awesome and the performance was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was a great way to start off the Christmas season at home. However, we did lose our camera while we were there. Now, if you know me, you know that I love love love taking pictures. What am I going to do without a camera!? I'm guessing we dropped it while we were there and some very pleasant and honest person found it and decided to give themselves a very much deserved Christmas present. Oh I love humanity!! Anyways, now I am without a camera. No Christmas pictures, no new years pictures, no visiting the family pictures...and no blog pictures.
Christmas was excellent! We were staying at Devs parents house so we woke up Christmas morning, and after being chided for *gasp* taking a shower :), we all opened up presents. I got a very cute new coat, some house decorations, kohls gift card (if you want to go shopping there, let me know because now I can buy stuff!!) some movies, a CD, a hoodie jacket (thanks Matt) and most importantly a large box of Jr Mints. Dev got an Xbox 360 and a couple of games. He also got some DVDs and a knife (ya know, to protect us from the bad guys). We both got some new towels, a couple of board games, disney DVDs, and a BBQ grill. We spent the rest of the day with my family just eating and playing.
This past Saturday I stayed in bed all day because I had the flu. What a great way to spend a vacation, eh? :) I'm not feeling all that great right now, but at least the worst of it seems to be gone.
So now I'm back at work (doesn't writting my blog count as work?) wishing I could take off the next week and a half so I could play with friends and family. I've got a jam-packed next couple of days so I'm sure I'll have more to report later. Until then....

5 comments:

MStevenson said...

xbox huh? so fun. we love ours....we really liked bioshock, gears of war....lots of good ones out there.

Katie and Randy said...

So glad to hear you guys are having a great trip and that you made it safely! Hope you feel better soon.
Randy's ready for Devin to come back to Oregon. He says he wants to "look at" Devins xbox 360 :)

Seth and Sierra said...

Sounds like you traveled on the same day we did! We stopped in Boise, too! That road until then was terrible and you have to be the bravest person ever to drive it. I think even if Seth's license expired, I'd still make him drive because I'm such a wimp. Glad you made it safely! Sorry about your camera, that stinks. Sounds like you had a good Christmas! Get better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your camera and the flu! Other then that is sounds like you are having a good time in Utah. Cam will be happy to hear that Devin got an xbox 360.

Ruth Done said...

I was just reading on your blog that you like the Glass Castle. I loved that book and not many people have read it. Doesn't it just make you mad how they live and never work hard to get anywhere?