Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fire on the Beach

This past weekend was a blast. We went to our first Pacific University baskeball game. We have a friend that plays for the team so we thought it'd be fun to go see his mad skillz :) It was fun for me because I got to talk with his wife and watch the game all at the same time :) So, I might not have paid THAT much attention to the game (uh...except for when you had the ball, Randy. Really, I did watch) but I did have a great time. It got a little intense towards the end of the game but the mad skillz paid off and they were able to take the win. Afterwards, we headed back to our house and played some guitar hero and I tried my hand at tying balloon animals...or flowers. Our friends got a balloon tying kit over Christmas break and so they brought that over so I could begin my talent in balloon tying. Seriously, can you think of a better talent than balloon tying. How handy is that?! You're at a dinner with some friends, the conversation is getting a little tough so what do you do? You pull out a balloon of course and ask them what animal they like. Or lets say you're around a screaming kid and nothing is getting him to stop. Pull out a ballon and make him a sword. End of screaming. So, since I've been in the market for a new talent, and to fill up my empty evenings, I am ordering a balloon making kit. I'll keep everyone posted on this new development. I'm sure you are all on your seats in anticipation :) Thanks, Katie and Randy, for the inspiration
Last night we went with a bunch of friends to Cannon Beach for a fire, hot dogs, and smores:) It was really fun to get out with some fun friends! The weather this week has been so springy and sunny so it was a great day to head to the coast. We got there in time for the sunset, which is best viewed at Cannon beach in my mind. I haven't been to many places along the coast, but out of all the places I have been, Cannon Beach is my favorite. I've never had a fire on the beach and it was all so perfect. It was pretty cold, to me at least. I may have been overdressed in my winter coat, wool gloves, and beanie cap (which way are the ski slopes?) but once the guys broke out the lighter fluid and we had a fire going, all was great. Now our house still smells like campfire...or maybe it's lighter fluid.
***
More Pics of Fire at Cannon Beach

0 comments: