Last week was Devin's spring break. I've been putting off writing about it because every time I thought about what I would say, I couldn't come up with anything that would do it justice. My parents, my sister, brother-in-law, and their 4 cute kids came to stay with us the entire week. We had such a blast! I haven't seen them since Christmas (and yes, that is a long long time for me to go without seeing them) and was so excited to show them where Dev and I are living. They stayed with us for a couple of nights, which was great fun even though our tiny apartment barely handled us all. We went in to Portland for a day and went to the Saturday Market. That is where you see the true weirdies of Oregon :) We also went to the Portland temple.
Then we went to the cheese factory on our way to the beach house that we stayed at in Newport. Words cannot describe how cool the view from our house was, so you'll have to see the few pictures that I got. We mostly hung around Newport but went into Depoe Bay to go whale watching....on a boat...out in the ocean...where big big waves are. I was scared at first because the swells looked freakishly large, but after getting used to it I was able to focus more on the whales instead on my possibly impending death. It having been Whale Watch Week up here along the Northwest coast, We didn't have to go very far before we saw a bunch of whales. We could also see a bunch (mostly just the spray) from our beach house. So other than that exciting excursion out to sea (yarrr, I be a pirate now that I've gotten me sea legs) we also went to the Newport Aquarium and Yaquina Lighthouse. The lighthouse
was beautiful and there was also one of the best tide pools I've seen right below the lighthouse. we also saw a whole slew of sea lions as we were looking at the tide pools. After coming home from Newport, we made base at our apartment again and headed out to Seaside and Cannon Beach. Devin was probably the most excited to go to Seaside because they have one of the few remaining Fascination parlors around. That's all he wanted to do when we went there. We played a bunch of games and he
even won 5 games. We walked around shops and had a great time. Then we went to Cannon Beach. Here we had a fire, roasted some 'mallows and flew our kites. It was an awesome awesome week with my family and I wish it could have kept going. I think we've decided that this trip will have to be something we do every other year or so. So after saying a quick goodbye to my family at the end of the week (just ripped off the bandaid as fast as I could) me and dev met up with our friends and headed up to Seattle to watch RSL play their first game of the season against Seattle's new MLS team, the Sounders. Dev had made arrangements to get seats with some other RSL fans that were driving up for the game so we weren't alone, which was a good thing because RSL lost and it was much easier to face the loss with surrounding RSL fans. But tonight I just watched their first home game and *spoiler alert* they redeemed themselves with a 4-1 win!
So that was my spring break. It was so nice to be with Devin and have him out of school...oh yeah, and not having to work was awesome!!!
More Pics of Spring Break
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Fun Filled Spring Break
Posted by Jen at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
That is awesome that Seattle has a team now. Are you planning on going to see any more?
Whale Watching!!!! Awesome! I'm glad you were able to spend time with your family.
Wow! That's a lot of things to do!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I don't know how much we'll get up to Seattle to see them play. They are the enemies. Go RSL!!Hheheheehee. I'm just kidding. I'm just jealouse of the great support the seattle fans are. That stadium was full! We'll get plenty of soccer in over the summer though when we go back to Utah. And in 2011, Portland is getting an MLS team. Woohoo!!!
I was wondering if You folks had made it to the REAL game. That is so great! Good on you guys. You deserve a fantastic break anytime you can get it.
oh and by the way we were at the 4 to 1 win!! yeah!
Looks like you had a fun spring break. I want to go whale watching, but haven't really since we've been down here. We watched them go by from the beach, but being in the boat would be much cooler!
I hope you don't mind I got your blog from Tiffany's. You're welcome to look at mine too.
I know how you feel about the quick like a band aid thing... it's always so sad to see my brother's kids leave or us having to leave them again. It's sooo fun to be an Aunt!! It sounds like you had so much fun. You won't have anything left to do in the last year of school, you've done it all already! :)
Post a Comment