Friday, January 15, 2010

I am a Child of God

I was reading the Jan 2010 Ensign and came across this in the article called “Moses, My Son”  The quote is from Elder Dallin H. Oaks. I love it! It’s a great reminder as I’m starting a new year.

"Consider the power of the idea taught in our beloved song 'I am a Child of God'...Here is the answer to one of life's great questions, 'Who am I?'

   I am a child of God with Spirit 
      lineage to heavenly parents.

That parentage defines our eternal potential. That powerful idea is a potent antidepressant.  It can strengthen each of us to make right choices and to seek the best that is within us. Establish in the mind of a…person the powerful idea that he or she is a child of God and you have given self-respect and motivation to move against the problems of life.”

4 comments:

Four Winns said...

Hey thanks!! You totally just helped me teach my frist RS lesson ever. I used that quote and the article. I TOLD you that you were super.

Matt and Kirsten said...

LOVE that quote! it was part of my lesson a few weeks ago to my 17 year old boys and I don't know that they really "got it" they way I wanted them to - it is AMAZING!
thanks Jen

Ruth Done said...

Thanks Jen, I love that quote. If I could only get all my YW to truly understand that.

Unknown said...

thanks for putting that up Jen, I really like that. It's an interesting thought of how I wonder just how people really do get through tough times in life when they don't understand the gospel and don't have it in their lives. It seems so sad to me that they don't know that they are loved so much and that they are of great worth. thanks for the post!