Saturday, March 6, 2010

Balloons and Babies

Here are some new balloon twists I’ve learned.  Our Relief Society had a talent night and this was the first opportunity I’ve had to take my ballooning skillzzzz out into the public eye.  I’m really excited about the (sea shell-less) little mermaid.  I’ve only made her once, so I’ve got to practice up and get the proportions right ( i mean, look at her beefy arms and fingers).  IMG_1723

IMG_1724

I’ve known how to make the monkey (it is my specialty) but I’ve just recently learned how to make the palm tree.

IMG_1725IMG_1726My next goal is to learn Spiderman. Sweet!

And here’s something fun too: We’ve moved! We are now in a fabulous town-house type of set up. And we only share one wall with neighbors. We love it. It is quite huge feeling with only two of us in it (there are 3 bedrooms), but we’ll fill it up soon enough with babies.  I do miss the old “neighborhood” but this one is full of great people as well. We are still in the same ward, which is a huge bonus.

Thursday I went in to see a high risk pregnancy doctor. Not because there are any complications right now, but my OB wanted me to go in so I could get in their system and get to know the Dr just in case complications came up later on.    It was great fun because they did an ultrasound and the babies have changed! I was 14 weeks and 1 day. Baby A was pretty set on staying in the tight fetal position while Baby B was taking up as much room as possible. It was fun to see them moving around. We could even see them opening and closing their mouth.

Twin A waving. You can barely see the arm right up next to the head. 06 - Baby A 14 weeks 1 day March 4 2009

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baby B stretching out. Head is on the right. It sort of has it’s back towards us but is also facing down a bit07 - Baby B 14 weeks 1 day March 4 2009 .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baby A’s arm and hand. 09 - Twin A 14 weeks 1 day March 4 2009

Right now the babies are a little less than 4 inches each.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the ballon animals!! Your kids are going to love that you can do that! The ultrasound pictures are great! I am glad that everything is going well for the babies. How are you feeling? Have a belly yet?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

Baby A's hand is so clear, I've never seen such a good ultrasound picture!
Your balloons were AMAZING at enrichment. I thought about snatching a few for my kids. When you master Spiderman you have to come over and make one for my boys! BTW, you have to watch "Twisted: A Balloonamentary"... you'll LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Katie and Randy said...

The ultrasound picture with the hand is amazing! The other two are great also, i just can't tell what exactly they are:) The twins have come a long way form being little black dots! ALSO, so impressed with your balloon art. you've gotten really good!

Jenny said...

I am SO happy for you Jen!!

Jason said...

Jen that is awesome! Also, your skills in balloons is Amazing! The little mermaid is my favorite!

Doodlecraft said...

Way cool jen! Can you come to Hailee's birthday party? Yay! Love those cute little babies too!

Unknown said...

that's so cool! I love the balloon animals you make! What a fun talent. where does one learn how to do that? so cool. I love the little hand waving, so cute babies!

Allison said...

I love the balloon animals! They are so fancy - multiple colours and everything!
How exciting to see the ultrasound pictures! I hope your pregnancy is going well and that you are starting to get over your naseau.

Bradybr said...

Princess, Cool animals. You're getting dang good at that. Love the pics of my grandkiddos!!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Seriously - are you really posting pictures of a nude mermaid. I just might have to block you!
I am actually just jealous of your mad skilzzzzz!
I think the babies are so fun!