Sunday, May 9, 2010

2 Years Down / Beach house

Yay! Dev has made it through the first two years of optometry school! He has spent many hours studying and working hard to get through these tough years of school and he’s also managed to be the greatest husband I could ever imagine :) Because I’ve been quite the high maintenance pregnant wife the last few months, he’s had to pick up my slack by cooking dinners and cleaning the house. I definitely appreciate all the juggling he’s had to do. But now it’s over. We’ve been told (and I’m crossing my fingers it’s true) that the third year is a heck of a lot easier. So for the past week he’s been able to sit back and relax a bit before summer semester starts on Monday.IMG_1854

During Devin’s week off of school, my parents, sister and brother-in-law with their kids, and my younger bro were able to come up for the week to spend some time at a fabulous beach house. We kept busy by going to a lot of amazing tide pools and lighthouses.

Here’s us on the way to Heceta LighthouseIMG_1813Here’s my sister and her cute family:IMG_1816And here’s the lighthouse we hiked to:IMG_1831 

We stopped at Devil’s Churn where Devin, my brother, and brother-in-law hiked down to this rocky ledge where the waves would come crashing in. I was sure that one of the waves would splash up and drag them out to sea. They are tiny dots in the pictures but you can see how the waves would come crashing up on the rocks.
IMG_1836    IMG_1841 IMG_1843

We walked through gift shops and ate a lot of good food. Devin and I have now eaten at all but one of the Mo’s restaurants along the coast here. They have the BEST halibut fish and chips. We also got to enjoy the awesome view from our beach house.  It was great to wake up in the morning and eat breakfast while looking out a wall of windows at the ocean. And the sunsets were beautiful!IMG_1846

My family went out on a whale watching boat and saw a whale jump out of the water three times! I went last year and had to take Dramamine to avoid motion sickness but this year I figured it was better if I stayed on land considering my already delicate condition :)

There they go!IMG_1865    And here they come:IMG_1880

We were also able to celebrate my brother’s 27th birthday while he was here. And there’s no better place to celebrate than Mo’s!IMG_1890

It was a much needed vacation before Devin starts up school again on Monday. But Monday brings a huge milestone in his schooling: The White Coat Ceremony!!! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That beach house looks awesome. When we come and visit we will have to go there!

Kristina said...

Oh, that looked like so much fun. A whole week on the beach?!?! Ya, that Devil's Churn looks pretty risky, I'm glad Devin survived.

Rogers Neighborhood said...

That sounds like so much fun. I can't believe Jason. He is a man. He is not the little boy we dressed up.

Unknown said...

this looks like so much fun! Third year is much better... when your husband comes home so does his brain! it's fantastic! Not a lot of studying goes on in the third year. I'm gonna miss you!!

Four Winns said...

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but, your little brother is NOT 27. I'm pretty sure he's only like 18. Because I'm certain that my little sister is only 17 and I think they are pretty close in age.