Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Baby Update

Sorry. Until these babies come, you will continue to see occasional posts showing ultrasounds and my ever expanding belly. I do this for family who are far away and for those people that have requested I put up these shots. So if none of these apply to you, feel free to head towards the nearest exit. Sure, I could easily just send these people an email with an attachment of the pictures but this way I get to fulfill my weird urge to update the blog and I’m sure this definitely counts as journal keeping. :-)

Our last ultrasound was at 24 Weeks and 1 Day. I’m assuming the babies are doing okay.  I was so enthralled with watching the babies that I didn’t ask many questions, and the technician wasn’t too willing to share what was going on. And we didn’t get too many pictures this time either. But the babies were active and kicking :-)

First up is baby A with a profile shot. He was opening and closing his mouth which was fun to see. He’s pretty chill sitting out on the bottom but this past week I’ve been able to feel him move around a lot more.28 - 24 Weeks 1 Day  

Baby B doesn’t get too many good pictures taken of him. He’s going to have a complex about it growing up,
I just know it. He is the one that is kicking me all the time though, so he is making his presence known. This is a picture of his face.29 - 24 Weeks 1 Day

Here’s a picture of some legs, feet, and toes. I don’t know whose they are.  The babies were situated one on top another and when we had the ultrasound, their feet were both trying to occupy the same space so at one point we saw three feet…or maybe one of the babies really does have three feet…30 - 24 Weeks 1 Day

I am now 25 weeks 6 days. I am feeling a lot better these days and my appetite is huge compared to what it used to be. I wake up hungry every morning :) And the boys are keeping me up at night with their kicking. I really do feel like a popcorn machine sometimes. I have moved out of our bed and I’m now sleeping in my “Pillow Palace” as Dev likes to call it. It’s an air mattress (provides more give than our mattress) that is squeezed between our bedroom wall and a dresser. This allows me to pile pillows (9 to be exact) up around me to help support my back and stomach. At first I was very adamant to stay in the same bed with Devin for the entire 9 months, but lets be honest. I was so UNCOMFORTABLE. I’d try to keep my pillows under control while trying to provide Devin at least a few inches of our mattress to sleep on. Wasn’t working. So now we are both sleeping a ton better; Devin having more than the edge to sleep on and me being stuffed between all those pillows.  So now with the sleeping situation under control, life is much more pleasant for pregnant me. And I’m trying to “work out” more as well. Ya know, get back into that fabulous habit I had of going every morning (this was before the nausea) . Okay okay.  I went walking once at the gym last week…and it was only at 2.5 mph…and I had to stop every 20 minutes to go to the bathroom…BUT that is more workout than I have done for the past FOREVER so I still get credit :-) So that’s how I’m doing.

And now, the lovely belly shots:

21 Weeks 4 Days26 - 21 weeks 4 days

25 Weeks 4 days

 28 - 25 weeks 4 days May 23 2010

10 comments:

Jen said...

Um, I guess I really like pink shirts :-)

The Boys Rule said...

Awww, JennY, you make such a cute pregnant lady!

Anonymous said...

I love the belly shots!! You are looking great. And I agree ultrasounds are so cool, I wish we could get one every month! Glad you have the energy back to exercise. The first trimester is the worst. The only reason I walked was because our big dog needed to walk. I usually felt a little better after walking him as well. Have you thought of names yet?

Jen said...

no names yet :( We are struggling with that! I don't know if we'll be able to decide until they come.

Kristina said...

ya, I'd say pink is your color. Your 'pillow palace' story made me laugh! Whatever works to get you some sleep... do it!

Matt and Kirsten said...

YEAH! I really enjoy your updates on you BOYS!!! As Lori has so perfectly said it, "The boys rule!" Jen,lets admit, you look good pregnant, and not fair that your face isn't pregnant. Mine was 9 months pregnant at about 10 weeks so when upon life's billows count your blessings. Love the pillow palace.

Reed Family said...

You look unbelievably good! And I seriously cannot WAIT to meet these little guys! Just a couple months to go!!!

Doodlecraft said...

Yay! Hooray for your tummy!

MStevenson said...

Lookin' cute. Duh, it's you!

Unknown said...

you are a super cute pregnant lady!! fun pictures of the babies, glad to hear that everyone is feeling good still.