Sunday, December 5, 2010

My latest project: Completed

Wow, I think this is a record number of posts for me in such a short amount of time. Guess I have too much time on my hands…or I’m just leading such an extraordinary life that it needs to be documented. That’s what I’m going with.

Car seat canopy. That’s what I’ve been working on. That’s what I just finished. I. Am. Pleased. Totally. It has been a while since I’ve done a sewing project and I’m not going to say how long this took me (otherwise I might not ever get invited to a sewing party. And every good woman needs to go to one of those, right?) but it doesn’t matter because I finished it and they work fabulously. Sure there are some mistakes here and there, but for a non-sewer (sorry Kirsten and Natalie, I’ve lost the touch since high school) I think I did pretty darn well.  So here they are:IMG_2998
They are both brown on the outside and striped on the inside. And I love the cute little stitching around the edges :)
IMG_2995

And in my previous post, I showed that we captured the never- before-heard-on-camera laugh of Nathan. Well amazingly enough, today our crew captured Cameron’s laugh on video. Devin just started singing the hit primary song “The Wise Man and the Foolish Man” and Cameron thought it was so hilarious. I mean, who wouldn’t think that right?

Cameron and Nathan - December 4, 2010

And I just had to include this picture cuz it’s so darn cute.IMG_2986

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Way to go, Jen! You are an amazing seamstress if you ask me. You did such a wonderful job on those carseat covers, I don't think there's anything you cannot make. Who cares how long it takes.... the completed project is worth it. And another adorbale Farr baby video... I love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I like your covers! Aren't the laughs the greatest!! Both of there laughs are so cute!

Doodlecraft said...

Great sewing! I just got out yards of fabric and am gearing up for a sewing fiasco tomorrow! I will be thinking of you and those beautiful decorative stitches when I am hauling a hem of a wavy straight line! You are awesome! Cute little men too! Love those first little giggles...and all the giggles thereafter!

MStevenson said...

I think they look great! Very detailed with that stitching.