Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Vacation

My Christmas vacation started earlier this year than expected thanks to a brilliant idea and a willing mom. I was originally going to stay in Oregon until Dev finished his finals and then drive to Utah with him. But at last minute, talked my mom into flying up to Oregon and driving back to Utah with me and the boys so I could get there a week earlier. Dev would be studying for finals all day and night and I would be left at home by myself, so I figured going earlier would keep me sane during his finals week. And while the drive took us FOREVER, my mom was a good sport for driving at night in the snow through the Blue mountains and we did eventually get to Utah. I loved being home and had a ton of help from my family (Brady’s Farr’s and Porter’s). But I missed Dev so much so I was glad when he flew in a week later. The whole trip was quite a blur as we went shopping, visiting, eating, and a whole slew of other things that seemed to keep us always busy. The boys were good sports for being dragged all over the place. I loved being with family and realize how bad I miss hanging out with them, talking with them, playing games with them, watching movies with them, eating with them….I miss it a lot.  But we had a good time and it was fun to see the boys having fun with their Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles, and Cousins.  I can’t wait to move home in August. Speaking of that, Dev starts his last in-class semester tomorrow. Starting in May, we will be moving all around as he goes on his rotations. It’s crazy how fast it’s gone and I’m hoping to relish every last moment I have here in Oregon and with all those fabulous people I’ve met here. I’ll be sad to say goodbye to them…
Anyways, what good would a blog post be without a picture..or a ton of pictures.  Here are some pictures from our vacation:
IMG_2520IMG_2545IMG_2552

Here’s Nathan opening his PJ’s on Christmas Eve. He’s very excited:
IMG_3037
Three generation of Farr boys on Christmas Eve.  
IMG_3047

Cameron opening his Christmas present.
IMG_3069
Nathan with all of his presents.
IMG_3070

Cameron
IMG_3077
Nathan
IMG_2558

Cameron and Nathan in some cute long  johns from Grandma and Grandpa Farr’s trip to Jackson Hole.
IMG_3112IMG_3115

All us girls in my family out to eat at The Pie.
My sis-in-law, me, my sister, my mom
IMG_2518

And now for the “Who do they look like” comparison pictures.  Here are my baby pictures. What do ya think?
IMG_3091
IMG_3092

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Isn't family the best? That's awesome you got to spend that extended time with them. I love every single picture. Those boys are getting cuter each day! They've grown a ton, and it's only been a month. I'm glad you guys had a Merry Christmas in Utah.

Rogers Neighborhood said...

I think they look like you a little more than Dev. But I haven't met the boys in person.

Unknown said...

I would say they are Momma's boys. They look a little more like you but I'm sure at times Dev comes out in them
more too. How are things?? I miss you friend! I really need to call now that the Christmas madness is over. I love all the pictures!! They are growing so fast! I love the little neck ties they had... Simply too stnkin cute!