So I’ve really had no motivation to blog much lately. I’ve thought of plenty of things to blog about, but to take the time seems pointless. I need to remember, that one day this will be my journal…sort of. I do write in a journal but it’s pretty much of a run down of what’s going on, and no pictures. And ya gotta have pictures to get the full effect of the moment! Anyways…. without much ado (cuz I’m sick and just want to get this out there) here is some stuff:
I fell down the stairs the other day. I was carrying Nathan. DOH!! I took a step and my back foot slipped off the step. I fell flat on my back/head and proceeded to slide down a few of the stairs. But don’t worry. Nathan was perfectly safe because I was holding him in front of me. For him, it was probably just like riding a couch cushion down the stairs. So he was fine. I came away with a bad back, a headache, wind knocked out of me, and a nice carpet burn along my forearm. Nice. I almost did the same thing again today with Cameron (what is going on with me?) but I caught myself. He thought it was hilarious and had a good laugh. Silly boy.
7 Months Old
Yup the boys are 7 months old now. Crazy! They are getting more fun each day, but also more work! I just love them to bits!
They have started eating solids…sort of. I’m trying to figure out a good time to feed them when they are hungry but not too hungry, and happy and not tired. Hmmmm…still working on that. Cam has learned the spoon thing out but gets so distracted by EVERYTHING (especially what his brother is doing) around him that he is hard to feed. Nathan seems to want to eat the cereal…and the spoon...and his hands…and his bib. He chomps down pretty hard with every bite.
Here’s Nathan (Dang it, it’s blurry! I didn’t realize this until after the “photo shoot” was over. But it’s still stinkin’ cute)
Nathan is a growin’ boy. He is now over 18 lbs! He has a little tooth on the bottom. I was super surprised when I felt it in his mouth. He showed no signs of teething and I thought for sure Cam would get a tooth first! He is sitting up pretty well on his own now (yes!!!) He loves to sit and eat play with toys. This past week, he had an appointment with a cranial/facial specialist and it looks like he will be wearing a helmet for the rest of his life. Okay. Not the rest of his life, but it might seem like it. It’ll probably be around 6 months. She suspects that because he was the bottom baby and a premie baby, his head and directional preference would not fix itself on it’s own, as our pediatrician told us it would. I’m not the least bit bitter about the “advice” our pediatrician gave us on this matter. And I’m probably lying about that last statement. Moving on…
Here’s Cameron (He was more interested in munching on the ball than posing next to the ball)
Cam is our super duper ticklish baby! Anywhere you touch him, he is ticklish. We have a lot of fun with that. He is pretty goofy and laughs all. the. time. Nathan usually finds a way to grab Cam’s face, but Cam thinks it’s hilarious. He is a super goofy child. Jovial. He is now sleeping on his stomach but usually cries around 5 or 6 in the morning because he want's to be flipped back over onto his back (or maybe he just is too tired and doesn’t want to expend the energy to do it and he knows mommy will do it for him). We are still waiting for a tooth to come in. I know it’s there. He spends most of his time on his stomach these days, or if we are holding him, he’ll stand. He is not a sitter if he can help it.
Those are my boys. And I love them.
So what else is blog worthy…
Two weeks and counting until Boards (the very important test that Devin has to complete to become an Optometrist). He has been studying long and hard for this test and I will be one happy person when that test is over and done with! I’d like my husband back. :)




5 comments:
Oh my! I've done the same biff down the stairs while holding baby stunt...if only someone was recording it for posterity...sorry about the scuffs and headache! too funny though!
Cute little baby boys! They are so darling! What a great little mom you are! :)
i have fallen several times with babies in hand. i think every mother has!
i sure miss seeing you out and about with those little boys of yours. :) enjoy them. they're too cute.
I was seriously freaking out when you said "the rest of his life." I believed you. I'm an idiot. Hope everything turns out okay. They ae stinkin cute!
i bet nathan's ride down the stairs really got your blood pumping! sure glad there were only a few bumps and bruises. your boys are just adorable! i know i'm your friend but really, they're so stinking cute. good luck to devin with upcoming boards!
I fall down the stairs almost regularly, baby in arms or not. :P Your boys are adorable! And don't stress about the helmet - they can't start wearing it too young or it doesn't help. We have a niece and a nephew each in one - the nephew's got decorated for the favorite university. Our niece's looked like a storm trooper helmet, so they play it up. I'll email you a pic lol.
Post a Comment