Friday, October 21, 2011

Hallelujah, It’s Raining Candy!

My nephew turned 8 in September. For his birthday party, “Uncle Byron” (as he calls my father-in-law.  Devin’s dad is known by my sister’s son, my nephew, as uncle.  He accidently called him uncle one time while playing a game of ‘Trash’ and the name has stuck. I think it’s cute) brought his CANDY CANON to the party! Yes it is an actual black powder canon that shoots out candy. He made it himself.  It makes a fantastic BOOM when it goes off and sends the candy soaring into the air and raining down on all anticipatory recipients. I almost had him do it at my wedding reception, and thinking about it now, I really should have done it. Amongst other reasons, this is why my in-law family rocks. Who wouldn’t want access to a piece of equipment that shoots out handfuls of candy?!
Here are the kids waiting for the first shot to be fired. IMG_1523
My father-in-law has a cool mountain man outfit (that he also made himself) that he wears to add to the experience of the candy canon.
IMG_1524
It’s hard to see, but candy is falling from the sky:
IMG_1534
The birthday boy:
IMG_1538
The big BOOM.
IMG_1567
Grandpa and the boys:
IMG_1619

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I want to make a candy cannon now. I have never heard of something so cool. My life will never be the same now that I know they exist.

Matt and Kirsten said...

that candy cannon has my name written all over it!!! I want that - no! I NEED that!