Friday, October 21, 2011

Trip to St. George

We were lucky enough one weekend to have Devin finish early at work to be able to take the short drive down to St. George to visit our friends who I have MISSED more than I can express! He is doing a rotation in St. George and we hadn’t seen each other since leaving Oregon three months prior so getting down there was a must!  I didn’t take nearly as many pictures as I wanted. Ah!!! Guess that’ll have to wait until Dev’s last rotation in the Spring when Devin will be in Arizona and they’ll only be about an hour away! YESH!  I’ll have a friend again.
We were only there from late Friday night until Sunday morning, but I had a blast! We did a short hike, went swimming in the pool, ate Mongolian and had a great time visiting . IMG_0276IMG_0279
We did some scaling of a wall…er…um….small hill…? It was harder than it looks. Or maybe tall people just have a way of making stuff like that look easy….
IMG_0282
This was about as far as we got. The next part required climbing up a wall while holding on to a rope. I didn’t want to take the chance of falling considering I had precious cargo strapped to my back:
IMG_0286
IMG_0283IMG_0287
Soon after this picture, Nate and I decided to test out the water. I was crossing the stream and slipped and fell. Luckily, Nate wasn’t hurt. So much for being careful with the precious cargo….
IMG_0285
The seven of us:
IMG_0288
Look at these boys playing! Tana and Eric’s little boy is about two months older than Nate and Cam:
IMG_0289
He loved to give Cameron hugs! So darling. IMG_0290

4 comments:

Kristina said...

What fun. We miss all of you!!

Erin said...

Ah, beautiful St. George. We loved it during our rotation there - even in the middle of a blazing summer! You picked a good hike; that was one of our favorite quick ones. We'd settle there in a heartbeat if there weren't already 22 optometrists in town. Miss you guys! Where are you - SLC??

Reed Family said...

How fun! Glad you got to get together. :) Miss all of you!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I am so glad that you guys were able to get together! How fun! Only six more months then one more HORRAH for graduation! And that third to last picture is crazy, it looks like you are as tall as Eric's elbow :)