Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wedding Fun

Devin’s brother got married the middle part of September.  If I was more creative and artistically inclined, I would choose to be a wedding planner for my job.  I LOVE weddings.  If it was socially acceptable to go to a complete strangers wedding and their reception, I would hit one up every weekend (Who invited that girl? She’s eating all the cake).  And the wedding shows on TLC!? I cry when I watch them.  It’s just such a blissful time in life.  Now my obsession is out. Moving on….
Matt and Briana got married in the Salt Lake Temple and it was a beautiful ceremony.  It was a huge reminder of the love I have for Devin and the great blessing and gift of the Priesthood and eternal marriage. 
IMG_0084
It was my first marriage that I’ve been to since my own wedding and so I was actually able to enjoy and benefit from the advice given.  Awesome!! After the ceremony we of course did all the pictures around the temple.  Dev’s Aunt Dena and I were definitely a bonus to the already beautiful temple grounds:
IMG_0099
IMG_0089
Here’s the cute couple
IMG_0114
The three brothers (I’m gonna claim the handsome one on the right as mine)
IMG_0130
Me and and my new sister-in-law. 
IMG_0133
After the ceremony, the luncheon was held at my in-laws house. It was a great time! The food was yum and it was a beautiful day to be outside. And who out there can say that they had games of ax throwing and horseshoes at their wedding luncheon?! 
Here’s the groom showing the bride how to throw an ax. 
IMG_0167
And here’s Devin showing his horseshoe throwing skills.
IMG_0174

Their reception was perfect!
Nate with his uncle Brandon-
IMG_0192
Dev and I all dressed up!
IMG_0211
All of the girls involved in the wedding had their toenails done by the bride’s sister. Mine are the pink ones on the bottom--

IMG_0234
I’m not sure I should go in to what’s happening here…

IMG_0270

And of course, there was decorating the car--
IMG_0253
It was such a fun day and I’m excited to have a new sister in law!

1 comments:

Rogers Neighborhood said...

Hi Jenn. What cute pictures. You need to call me. I don't have your number anymore. I want to see you and your boys. Tammy