Congrats to my husband, Devin!
We just found out
THE BEST
news! Once he graduates from Optometry school in May, he has been awarded a residency at the Salt Lake VA. In Utah. In Salt Lake. By family. In Utah. Oh yeah, it’s in Utah.
This is an optional and additional training that he will receive to improve upon his knowledge. He originally wasn’t going to try for a residency, but as we talked it over and weighed the pros and cons, we decided it would be a great experience for him. So with an almost last minute decision, he applied for 3 different residencies. Only one was in Utah. And it was pretty competitive. But we wanted it. I wanted it. For obvious reasons. Have I mentioned it’s in Utah…by family? He wanted it because it’ll give him specialty contact lens training, which he hasn’t had a lot of experience in, and it’ll be quite valuable. It is a year long residency. He had a lot of people hoping for this and pulling for him. Yay DEV! Yay me!
Not only is it great that he got this residency but because he did get this residency he has been offered an awesome job in Utah that he will start after he is done with the residency. It will be in an MD/OD group practice and he’ll be working with great people.
I can’t stress enough how extremely blessed, excited, and relieved we feel that everything is coming together so perfectly.




7 comments:
That is awesome! I am so happy for you and you're family. Hard work pays off
YAY!! We'll be there too!! So excited!!
That is AWESOME!!!! for me too! WAY TO GO GUYS!
I get the feeling that you want to live in Utah. Congrats Devin for being accepted. I'm happy for your family. That is truly awesome, (and probably very releaving) news! Go celebrate....
Congrats to Devin (and you Jen)! That is so exciting!
Yay! The Lord is in the details! :)
Yeah can't wait to have you back.
Post a Comment