Friday, March 23, 2012

Visitors!

In our original plan, I was going to stay in Utah with my parents for Devin’s final rotation that he had in Arizona.  But as the Utah winter grew longer (and the boys grew tiresome of being in the house all day), I decided to make another move and head to Arizona.  My decision to move to Arizona was based on a few reasons.  One reason was the beautiful, warm and sunny weather that Arizona has this time of year. 
It has not disappointed!  While driving down the streets lined with Palm Trees I frequently imagine myself in some sort of tropical paradise  in which I am driving to a local beach (in my convertible mini cooper) to do some lounging about next to the ocean while drinking an ice cold pina colada in the shade of the said palm trees.  And then a car honks at me and I’m ripped out of my daydream. I take a sip of Diet Coke.   
Back to my original thoughts….   
 
Another reason that convinced me to come to Arizona was so that I could be a short distance away from TANA!!! Yay!!!   She has been such a great friend, supporter, and example to me for the past few years as we’ve gone through the funness of our husbands being in Optometry school.  Her little boy is only 2 months older than Nate and Cam.  A few weeks ago, Tana and Austin came to visit us for an entire day!  I LoVED it. The boys had a great time together! I love this picture of the three of them relaxing out on the patio eating their apples.  It looks like Cam is telling Austin some sort of interesting tale of his adventures.  IMG_0721   
And here they are, all sitting around this end table eating snacks:
IMG_0724
It was a fun day of playing at the park, playing with trucks, making fruit loop necklaces, talking, napping, laughing, and having a great time! 

My parents also came to visit us a few weeks ago.  We were able to to go to the zoo with them.

IMG_0701
IMG_0714

IMG_0703

IMG_0708

IMG_0731

IMG_0733

Nate has learned to love drinking out of cup and straw, but mostly because he likes to blow bubbles.
IMG_0740

And here’s Cam who looks so sad to be eating snacks, but that’s only because he’s zoned out watching some cartoons.  I have to be careful with this kid and TV. He gets sucked in.
IMG_0741
The other day I went running and left Devin to take care of the boys.  I came back to find out what “the boys” had been up to.  Pretty impressive :)  And I love that Nate doesn’t have any pants on.   
IMG_0743

0 comments: