Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Move

Once again, we’ve moved. Again. Yes, again.  And it won’t be the last time. Yuck. But as I have been reminded, every move is an adventure and just makes life that much more interesting. Right?  I hope so.
Glendale, Arizona was the destination place for this move. 
Our move went along without any problems, except for the 12 hours that it took.  But the boys did fantastic!  I drove with my mother-in-law, Shar, with the kiddos and Devin and his brother drove the moving truck.  I am INCREDIBLY thankful that these two would be willing to help us out.  We couldn’t have done it without them and it was great to have them visit us in our new place.  I feel very blessed to have married in to such a great family! It was a long drive so we stopped over in Henderson, NV.  I love going to hotels with Nate and Cam because they get so excited when they are let loose in a new place, especially after a long car ride.  
IMG_0610
Our next driving day was a little shorter, but we were definitely ready to be done in the car.  We stopped for lunch in the middle of nowhere (which pretty much sums up the trip between Vegas and Glendale) to eat. And there was a big cactus. Woohoo.
IMG_0611

And Nate and Cam ended up getting in to all sorts of mischief in this little town and spent a few hours minutes seconds in the town jail.
IMG_0614
The boys were so ready to be done and we weren’t quite there yet, so I pulled out some suckers (which they NEVER get so it was a special treat) and that kept them occupied and happy for the remainder of our drive.
IMG_0616IMG_0618

Our move in went really fast with the help Shar and Brandon and our friends, Eric and Tana, who are about an hour away from us!!! He’s doing an optometry rotation here as well so I’m planning on spending as much time with Tana that I can :)  Our apartment complex is….trashghettonicelivable…doable…for three months.  We are surrounded by a great area, but our luck is that we always end up in the more interesting part of town.  This won’t always be the case but until Devin starts pulling his weight around here, this is what we get (heeehee. I kid. I kid. Dev, love ya! You’re working hard in your rotations and you’re doing a fantastic job at making a wonderful fabulous future for our family).   

While Dev’s mom and brother were here, we took a trip to the zoo. I LOVED this zoo!  There were a bunch of different play areas for kids, a petting zoo, a lake in the  middle with islands of monkeys and birds, and a carrousel that we took the boys on.  Nate and Cam loved running along all the pathways and would frequently squeal and scream with delight.  They loved looking at the birds and monkeys and eating ice cream next to the lake. 
The fun petting zoo:
IMG_0622IMG_0626IMG_0628
A play area for the kids that had huge-a-sized Little People from the farm collection:
IMG_0631
IMG_0633IMG_0634IMG_0635
Eating yummy treats next to the lake with an island of monkeys behind us:
IMG_0641IMG_0642
First taste of cotton candy.  They both loved it!
IMG_0645
Nate was giddy and ecstatic the entire time we were here.  He loved to run on the pathway and look at the animals. I think he found a freedom there that he has never experienced before. Silly boy
IMG_0652 
When we first arrived at the zoo, we passed a carrousel that got Nathan excited in a way I have never seen him get! So we decided to ride it at the end of the day.  Nate and Cam were both pretty nervous the entire time, but no screaming or crying occurred so…bonus.  
IMG_0659


I have enjoyed Arizona so far, especially the warm weather that allows us to go outside and play, and the fresh oranges.  I have found a fantastic park that we go to multiple times a week.  It’s about a 10 minute drive but it gets us out of the ghetto.  And aside from the base thumping music that can be heard every night making it impossible to sleep, we are settling in to our little (tiny) living space slowly.  Poor Cam is having a hard time adjusting and has trouble sleeping every night and is extremely moody and clingy.  I’m thinking he misses his Grandma’s and Grandpa’s.  I do miss family in Utah and I’m looking forward to, hopefully, moving (AGAIN!!!) back there…in about 2 months.

1 comments:

Rogers Neighborhood said...

Wow!! I don't know how you do it. I suppose you just do. But you seem to do it with such grace and happiness. I can't wait to see more of your adventures unfold.