Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Took a Trip

My youngest brother moved to Chicago for a job in June.  He’s a genius (and I’m not being biased at all, seriously) in the advertising industry and got this job right after graduating from BYU.  He moved away! How dare he.  He packed up his stuff but left one very important item at my parents house.  His motorcycle.  So at the end of August he had a hankerin’ to ride his beloved motorcycle through Yellowstone National Park so he flew home to visit his motorcycle us.  My parents set up the trip for the three of them.  My dad and my brother were to ride through Yellowstone on their motorcycles while my mom followed behind them in the truck.  Now, because I am such a fantastic daughter (and the only child my parents really love-- heehee) I decided that I needed to accompany them on this journey.  And we all know how much I LOVE Yellowstone.  It is my happy place.  So I left the boys at home (I didn’t even cry when I dropped them off at my sister’s house) and off I went.

Old Faithful
IMG_1610
The studdly riders
IMG_1405
As they rode past this buffalo, the buffalo started running along side them. 
IMG_1445
IMG_4720
IMG_4737

Now while I think Yellowstone would be a fantastic place to ride a motorcycle, I’m not really into riding motorcycles.  It was a bit cold and rainy while we were there so I passed up the opportunity to ride on the back.  This is as close as I got to riding:
Jen on motorcycle
Here’s me and my mama:
IMG_4642

I really did almost fall of this ledge to my death in the tumultuous waters below….uh huh.
IMG_4649
You can almost always count on there being elk at Mammoth
IMG_4662
Us
IMG_4673
I love being at the brink of waterfalls.  I am always in such awe at the sheer awesomeness of all that water falling over the edge.
IMG_4674
Old Faithful lodge for dinner: 
IMG_4728
It was a fantastic trip and getaway for a few days.  By the end of the trip I was eating at a more normal pace instead of the rush job I do when I’m around the kiddos.  And for almost three full days I didn’t have to worry much about anyone but myself.  I think every mother needs this at least once a year.  Maybe twice….or three, four, maybe five times a year.  But three days was long enough before I was ready to get back to these handsome men:
IMG_3609   

The night we got back from our trip, Devin and I went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game with my brother.  It was pretty rainy and there was a lot of lighting so the game was delayed for a bit, but it was all good fun.  I was trying to get pictures of the lightning but this is what I got instead.  The skies were pretty sweet lookin. 
IMG_1623

1 comments:

Katie and Randy said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip and that everything went ok when leaving the boys. I pretty sure I would have been freaked out to see that buffalo running along with your dad and brother! Also, love nates "mustache" in the pirate picture!
miss you guys!