Sunday, February 1, 2009

So cool...

Devin here. So what happens when you take this:


















and then add it to this:















What do you get? You only get the coolest pinewood derby car ever!















That's right, I built a pinewood derby car with a remote controlled electric motor on it. We had an Elder's quorum pinewood derby race and this is the first idea that popped into my head when they announced the race. I salavaged some parts from one of my model helicopters and adapted it to work on a pinewood derby car. And not to brag or anything, but it was the fastest car at the race! I mean sure I had an unfair advantage, but I crushed the competition and that is what counts. The cool thing about this is that it is remote controlled. I used my helicopter controller to send it off down the track at full throttle. I probably put a good 8 hours into this making all of the parts work together, but come together it did. Anyways, to prove that it works, here's a little video of one of the races I did:




4 comments:

Andrew and/or Jenny said...

I wish I could have been there! That is a pretty darn cool car. However, that picture of you is even cooler . . . I was intimidated as soon as I saw it.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Cam is going to be so jealous!!!

Katie and Randy said...

Devin you smoked that guy in the race! Not even close!!hahahaha

Matt and Kirsten said...

That is seriously hillarious! Nice work Dev