A doughnut or donut (pronounced /ˈdoʊnət/, /ˈdoʊnʌt/) is a type of fried dough food popular in many countries and prepared in various forms as a sweet (or occasionally savory) snack that can be homemade or purchased in bakeries, supermarkets, food stalls, and franchised specialty outlets….and now, appearing at the Farr’s House.
Growing up, my mom had a donut maker that made the most delicious donuts and frosting that we would eat for breakfast (yes, my mom occasionally fed us frosting for breakfast. Isn’t she the best!) I LOVED them (still love them). Well, over the years my sister and I have always joked about who get’s the donut maker when my mom is no longer around. My sister has somehow acquired it already. What was I to do!?
This past week, I acquired my own donut maker! Here it is. Aint it a beauty?
And here are some yummy breakfast donuts! ( I used the recipe my mom had, but there are a few recipes in the manual that I’m wanting to try. Next time, I’d like to try the regular glaze type of frosting most common to donuts…or doughnuts)
They are super YUMMY and a for sure way to keep Devin aROUND for years to come :)
And have you ever heard of the donut song?It’s a song I sing to my boys all the time and I thought about it while making these:
”I walked around the corner and I walked around the block
and I walked right in to a donut shop. I picked up a donut right out of the grease and handed the lady a five cent piece. She looked at the nickel and she looked at me and said ‘hey this nickel's no good to me. There’s a whole in the middle I can see ya right through.’ I said, ‘Lady there’s a whole in the donut too. Thanks for the donut. Goodbye.”




4 comments:
DELICIOUS! I didn't even know there was such thing as a donut maker. I feel so deprived right now.
I feel a little slided if you will that I was never introduced to yo' Mama's donuts! It might take a little time for our friendship to mend. Perhaps you should send me donuts of the jenn farr type and the forgiveness may be expidited.
oh the donuts look delicious! I am just envisioning all the different kinds you could try...pumpkin, berry, chocolate...delicious! I never knew there was such a device. I think i need to come over on a friday and check it out!
That's awesome!
Post a Comment