This is going to be a quick post as I don’t have the time that I used to have thanks to my growing sweet baby boys. They are so super fun. Every time I look at them, I am amazed at how FAST they are growing. I wish they’d slow down. They are now 14 weeks old. 3 1/2 months!!! And over 12 lbs. Very soon I will have to put them in separate cribs, which I’m dreading with every fiber of my being because that just means they are no longer my teeny tiny babies and that one day soon they will be leaving to go to college, getting married, having their own children and living a life of their own. Alright, I am being a little dramatic about it…but not much. How did my parents ever let me grow up?!
The (**only) good thing about them getting bigger is that they’re sleeping longer through the nights (going to bed at 8:30/9, waking up at 3 to eat, and then sleeping again until about 7 or 8ish. They’ve always been such good sleepers; they get up to eat and then once that business is over, it’s right back to bed. Easy peasy.
**Okay, I realize there are a lot of good fun things about them getting bigger and I’m enjoying all that stuff as it happens but I still think it’s all happening too fast!
And they have started SMILING at us (see, I knew I could figure out something that’s a plus of them getting bigger). They especially get talkative and smiley when Devin comes home from school. They probably learned that from their mama :) It’s been so fun to hear the coos that come out of these boys. Cameron is definitely the chatty one, but Nathan is slowly finding his cute little growly voice.
And as every month passes by, I take their pictures next to a soccer ball so we can document their growth. We chose a soccer ball because the two of them will one day be soccer stars and having these pictures will be good publicity…
Here’s their picture with the ball when they were a few days old along with their 3 month old picture:
The top two are Cameron. Bottom two are Nathan
Pumpkin Patch
We took the boys to the Roloff pumpkin patch that’s right by our house. The Roloff farm is the farm owned by the family on “Little People Big World.” While there, we saw the mom and dad (but we weren’t too star struck as we’ve never really seen the show). It took us about 45 minutes to get there (even though they’re typically usually about 20 minutes away) because the rest of Oregon had the same idea to go to the Roloff farm the same day we did. But I can’t blame them. It was a super nice day for pumpkin picking :)
We didn’t do much for Halloween this year. I went to our church’s Trunk or Treat, went to a little Halloween get together, and watched some ‘Ghost Adventures’ episodes with some friends. After watching that, I get a little creeped out sometimes when I have to wake up to feed the babies at night! But with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, cranberries and sugar plums are slowly pushing out ghosts and goblins.
Baby Blessing
On October 24 we blessed our two boys in our church. Devin was able to give them a Priesthood blessing and he did a fantastic job. I’m so lucky to have him as the patriarch of the family. A lot of our family was able to come up from Utah for the blessing. Devin’s parents came, my parents came, my brother and his wife came, my sister and her family came, and my younger brother came. It was a full house for sure, but it was oh so welcome. My house is clean again, family, so you’re more than welcome to come back again! Here’s some pictures from the day:
I love their little suits! I didn’t get any good pictures of them in their suits. AAahhh. So, my plan is to take them somewhere to get that done. I just have to figure out how to venture out of the house for that long with the two of them…
And because I have so many pictures of the two of them, and so little space I made a video of the pics I have of them from 3 months old.




4 comments:
SOOOO CUTE! What darling little men you have!
You look fabulous too Jen!
I get creeped out at night too! I think I spook myself in the dark...and it's rubbing off on Hailee!
What a happy family!
AHHH! I don't know how you do two but they are YUMMY! oh you might be my new hero. Seriously letting them grow hurts. It is really fun to see them reach new levels but man it hurts my sensitive little heart to see him grow.
Love the video montage. Cute, cute kids.
jen i love the picture with you and the boys sitting on your step with the two little pumpkins! I still don't know how you manage everything. You guys are great!
-katie
Post a Comment