Saturday, November 13, 2010

It all turned out in the end

I had some coupons to a commercial photography studio that I couldn’t pass up because, well, I’m poor and can’t afford to go the non cheap route.  The boys needed their 3 month pictures taken by someone who could actually take good, cute pictures (which is NOT me). So off I went. On my own. It was about 45 minutes away so I had to plan the boys feeding time, nap time, and happy time to coordinate with their appointment.  This is next to impossible to do with two children, but I managed it somehow. When I got to the studio, the receptionist sat with me to discuss the boys outfits, background colors, etc. She suggested a few things and I went with it thinking that she was the professional and would know what’s best for this kind of thing. Wrong-O! I took the boys in, and about 10 minutes later the photographer said she was done. Wait, what!? You’re done already? With two boys? Two three month olds? I couldn’t quite see all of the pictures she had taken or see how the boys looked because I was busy hiding behind the scenery to hold the boys up.  And I was busy throwing the babies here and there depending on where she told me to put them. It was all such a whirlwind of events, I was sweating by the time it was over…10 minutes. I then looked at the pictures. Eh, nothing I was crazy about but I thought it was maybe the frustrations and craziness of the event so I picked out the best poses and headed out…only to immediately regret buying ANY of the pictures. I lost sleep over it all that night. The more I thought about those pictures, the more I hated them. When the boys had their pictures together, they were squished together, falling into each other and it looked like one of them was missing an arm. They smiled during their shoot, only the photographer missed most of them…and their shirts were bunchy. Had I had a better camera, I could have taken those pictures just as well. Maybe I was being too picky?  Anyways, I decided I had to do a re-do or cancel my order. I called them up and asked if I could do a re-do. They were super nice about it all (and the manager even agreed that the background color that was used in my pictures isn’t usually used on such small babies unless it’s a holiday picture. And the background was a huge reason why I didn’t like the pictures). So back I went, this time with my parents in tow. The photographer we had was SOOOOO much better. He spent more than 10 minutes taking pictures and would fix all the little things to make the pictures look better. He did some cute poses and had some cute noises to get their attention. At least I think so. Here are some pictures that show what we ended up with (not exactly because the pictures shown below are “enhanced” photos that contain a montage of some of the pictures. We just bought each individual picture. And we chose different versions of some of the poses below).  If you saw what I originally had, you would be amazed at the difference!

Both boys

NATHAN

Cameron

8 comments:

Katie and Randy said...

oh so cute! I love that you got at least one picture of each smiling. Their matching outfits are adorable but I also love the pictures of the boys showing their little baby rolls. I'm glad you had the guts just to call up and ask for a redo. I'm sure it was a hassle to repack the boys and head out again for another trip.

Sierra said...

I love the pictures!!!
First time I've seen either one of them smile hahaha.
Bummer you had to redo them, though, but they look great!

Matt and Kirsten said...

That brings back memories. When I went to get L 1 year pictures he was HORRIBLE, cried the whole time. I hated the pictures, but for me it was all the emotion of it. Once I stepped away from it they were ok. But she took like 2 seconds and I was like "WHAT!?!" Anyway mine turned out ok but it sounds like you had a real doosey. Glad you stuck up for yourself and your money and got some super deduper cute ones. Those are cute pictures! What cute little guys.

Luke and Lora Gamble said...

Those pictures are so cute! The individual one just make you smile! Good job having the guts to go back and get the pictures redone!

Angie said...

What can I say?? I love those little boys!!

MStevenson said...

I had a couple bad experiences with a professional place...JCPenny's. So I stopped going to places like that.

But those pictures are super cute.

Kristina said...

I LOVE 'EM! Those boys are so stinkin' cute! I think they turned out great. And kudos to you for going back. That must have been a real hassle, but it was worth it. There little naked bodies are my favorite. I could just pinch all their rolls!! And those smiles, ahhh, adorable. I could take their pictures anytime, if you'd like. I don't think they'd turn out as professional, but it might save you a headache!

Rogers Neighborhood said...

I am glad they turned out. Your boys are so squishy and cute. I want to squeeze them.